hijackings are a very scary reality in South Africa heres some advice on precautions you could take:
- Do Not enter you driveway if you see suspicious activity on your street.
- Be alert before opening the gate on you property
- ensure that your gate closes automatically or at high speed.
- conatct the police if anything suspicious happens in your area
- know your surroundings, be vigilant and look out for strange vehicles or people.
- do not disembark from the vehicle if you feel targeted ina road incident, signal to the motorist and drive to the nearest police station.
- be careful about exposingyour valuables at airports, shopping centres, petrol stations and traffic lights.
- give yourself enough following distance between vehicles in front of and behind you.